Monday, May 2, 2011

7 Months & Baby Shower #1

Now that the weather is a bit warmer, time is starting to go by really fast. Scary and exciting. I'm officially less than 2 months away from the big day and the biggest change in AJ and my life.

7 months – 31 weeks

The kicks are a lot more frequent now, but (s)he seems a bit shy because as soon as I get someone else to reach other and feel the kicks, they abruptly stop. I also frequently get a foot or something under my rib, which isn't too comfortable, but I can usually just push it back down. Really, I have not much to complain about - it's been a really great pregnancy for me.

On Sunday, May 1, I had my first baby shower, held by Ashley Robinson and Ashley Kerr. 17 people came! It was fun because I had 3 friends from the Moose, 3 from The Source and then all my high school friends and their moms. It was great to see so many people that I don't see very often and to have a fun afternoon.

The Source friends – Kristin, Lisa & Donna

Moose friends – Sarah, Shelby & Steph (due a month after me)

High school friends – Jen, Meaghan, Gayle, Lauren,
Ashley, Sandra, Megan, Ashley & Brenda

The girls all together!

There was food of course, including an adorable and delicious DQ ice cream cake...



We did a couple shower games. Pin the soother on the baby which Meaghan won and I definitely lost. Ashley froze mini soothers in ice and had people melt them and try and hand me their soother was the fastest. Shelby won with a blue soother, does that mean it's a boy?



And finally, Ashley Kerr created this incredible DVD game with customized questions about Pregnancy trivia, 1984, name meanings of people in the room, Biblical babies and Treehouse shows. 5 questions per category and some pretty cool graphics. That was definitely a highlight.



Then, of course, came the gifts. It's seriously overwhelming to have so many people give great gifts and show their love for this baby none of us have met. I feel really blessed to have so many great people in my life.

Definitely a fun first shower and I'm looking forward to 2 more in the next couple weeks and seeing more friends and family.
A bottle warmer which will definitely come in handy during some late nights.
Lauren knit a cute little elephant!
A hand-made card from Kristin, the graphic designer, of course.
Super cute diaper bag.
Ashley Kerr made this amazing blanket! You can't see it in the photos,
but the holes say "Baby Martin 2011" - so impressive!
A car seat! Now we can take our baby home from the hospital!

No comments:

Post a Comment